My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Alaska Seafood Pho
Courtesy of Alaska Seafood Marketing Institute
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 qt. (32 oz.) chicken or vegetable broth
+ 1 c. sliced white onion
+ 1-1/2 tsp. fish sauce
+ 1/2 to 1 tsp. chili oil
+ 1 in. piece fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
+ 1/4 tsp. chili flakes
+ 1/4 tsp. ground coriander
+ 1/8 tsp. ground cloves
+ 4 Alaska Seafood portions (4-oz. ea.), fresh, thawed or frozen
+ 2 c. (about 8-oz.) fully cooked rice noodles
+ 1/2 to 1 c. enoki mushrooms
+ 1/2 to 1 c. mung bean sprouts
+ 1/4 to 1/2 c. Thai basil leaves
+ 1/4 to 1/2 c. cilantro leaves
+ 4 lime wedges
What to do:
1. In a large (12-in.) nonstick pan or stockpot, heat broth, onion, fish sauce, chili oil, ginger, chili flakes, coriander and cloves over high heat until simmering. Cook 5 min. or until onion is soft. Rinse any ice glaze from frozen Alaska Seafood portions under cold water. Turn off heat and gently add seafood to liquid, skin side down. Return heat to a simmer.
2. Once simmering, cover pan and cook 4 to 5 min. for frozen seafood or 2 min. for fresh/thawed fish. Turn off heat and let seafood rest 5 min. or until seafood is opaque throughout.
3. To serve, place 1/2 c. noodles and a seafood portion in a soup bowl. Ladle on 1 c. broth. Garnish with mushrooms, sprouts, basil leaves, cilantro and lime wedge.
* Nutrients per serving (with Alaska Pollock)
* Variation: If using Alaska Crab, omit resting phase. Shell crab, if desired.
Calories: 364; Total Fat: 4g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 81mg; Total Carbs: 51g; Fiber: 4g; Protein: 31g; Sodium: 1321mg;