My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Holiday Turkey with Cranberry Pecan Stuffing
Courtesy of Campbell's® Kitchen
Prep Time: 30 Min.
Cook Time: 3 Hr. 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/4 c. butter (1/2 stick)
+ 2 stalks celery, chopped (about 1 c.)
+ 1 large onion, chopped (about 1 c.)
+ 1-3/4 c. Swanson® Chicken Broth (Regular, Natural Goodness® or Certified Organic)
+ 1/2 c. dried cranberries
+ 1/2 c. chopped pecans
+ 1 pkg. (14 oz.) Pepperidge Farm® Herb Seasoned Stuffing
+ 1 turkey (12 to 14 lbs.)
+ vegetable oil
What to do:
1. Heat the butter in a 3-qt. saucepan over medium heat. Add the celery and onion and cook until they're tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the broth. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in the cranberries and pecans. Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
2. Remove the pkg. of giblets and neck from the turkey cavity. Rinse the turkey with cold water and pat dry. Spoon the stuffing mixture lightly into the neck and body cavities. Fold the loose skin over the stuffing mixture. Tie the ends of the drumsticks together.
3. Place the turkey, breast side up, on a rack in a large roasting pan. Brush the turkey with the oil. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the meat, not touching the bone.
4. Roast at 325°F for 3 1/2 hr. or until the thermometer reads 180°F, basting occasionally with the pan drippings. Begin checking for doneness after 3 hr. of roasting time. Let the turkey stand for 10 min. before slicing.
* Bake any remaining stuffing mixture in a covered casserole with the turkey for the last 30 min. of roasting time or until the stuffing mixture is hot. Use an instant-read thermometer to check that the center of the stuffing mixture both in the turkey and in the casserole reaches 165°F.
* This recipe can be doubled. Double all ingredients and use a 20-lb. turkey. Prepare the stuffing mixture in a 6-qt. saucepot. Proceed as directed above and roast for 5 hr., checking for doneness after 4 1/2 hr. of roasting time.