My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Citrus-Marinated Beef & Fruit Kabobs
Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
Marinate: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. beef top sirloin steak, cut 1-in. thick
+ 1 medium orange
+ 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro
+ 1 Tbsp. smoked Spanish paprika
+ 1/4 tsp. ground red pepper (optional)
+ 4 c. cubed mango, watermelon, peaches and/or plums
What to do:
1. Grate peel and squeeze 2 Tbsp. juice from orange; reserve juice. Cut beef steak into 1-1/4-in. pieces. Combine orange peel, cilantro, paprika, and ground red pepper, if desired, in small bowl. Place beef and 2-1/2 Tbsp. cilantro mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Place remaining cilantro mixture and fruit in separate food-safe plastic bag; turn to coat. Close bags securely. Marinate beef and fruit in refrigerator 15 min.- 2 hr.
2. Soak eight 9-in. bamboo skewers in water 10 min.; drain. Thread beef onto four skewers. Thread fruit onto remaining four separate skewers.
3. Place kabobs on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill beef kabobs, covered, 8-10 min. (over medium heat on preheated gas grill, 9-11 min.) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally. Grill fruit kabobs 5-7 min. or until softened and beginning to brown, turning once.
4. Serve with beef with salt and pepper, as desired. Drizzle reserved orange juice over fruit kabobs.
* Recipe Courtesy of The Beef Checkoff
Calories: 239; Total Fat: 6g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 70mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 57mg;