My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Panko and Soynut Crusted Pork Chops
Courtesy of The Soyfoods Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 15 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1/4 c. flour
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ 1 egg, beaten
+ 1/2 c. panko bread crumbs
+ 1/2 c. soynuts, finely chopped
+ 1/4 tsp. thyme
+ 1/4 tsp. ground sage
+ 1 pork chop, bone in or boneless, 3/4-in. thick
+ 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 400°. In a wide shallow bowl, add flour, salt and pepper. In another bowl, add egg. In another bowl, add bread crumbs, soynuts, thyme and sage.
2. In order, lightly flour chop, then dip in egg, then lastly lightly coat in bread crumbs and soynuts.
3. In sauté pan, add oil, heat until hot (add a few drops of water and if it sizzles, oil is hot enough). Add chop and sauté on each side until golden brown. Put into oven, pan and all (if handle is not heat resistant wrap in foil). Cook to temperature of 140-145°. Remove from oven. Cover with foil. Rest for 5 min. Serve with Edamame, Tomato and Basil relish.
Edamame, Tomato and Basil Relish
* 1 small tomato, seeded and cored, chopped into small pieces
* 2 large basil leaves, finely chopped
* 1/4 c. edamame, cooked according to package directions
* 2 oz. garlic infused vegetable oil
* salt and pepper to taste
* 3 stalks asparagus, steamed until crisp tender
1. In a small sauce pan, add tomato, basil, edamame and oil. Over low heat cook for 10 min. Season to taste. Serve with pork chop. Garnish with asparagus.