My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Idaho® Fingerling Potatoes with Shrimp and Quail Egg
Courtesy of Idaho Potato Commission
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 30 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 2 lb. Idaho® fingerling potatoes, unpeeled
+ 1 ear corn, shucked
+ 2 Tbsp. plus 2 tsp. butter
+ 1 medium Spanish onion, 1/2-in. dice
+ 1 red bell pepper, 1/4-in. dice
+ 1 yellow bell pepper, 1/4-in. dice
+ 2 shallots, finely diced
+ 2 Tbsp. butter
+ 1 lb. shrimp, cleaned, deveined, diced
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chives
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh chervil
+ 1 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh thyme
+ 1/4 c. heavy cream
+ 1/8 tsp. ground red pepper
+ salt and pepper to taste
+ 10 quail eggs
+ butter for sautéing
What to do:
1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Blanch fingerling potatoes until tender, 8-10 min. Drain; slice evenly to about 1/8-in. Reserve.
2. Melt 2 tsp. of butter; rub over corn. Wrap in aluminum foil; roast in 400°F oven until tender, about 20 min. Cool about 10 min.; cut kernels from ear; reserve.
3. In large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat, sweat onion, peppers and shallots in 2 Tbsp. butter until onions are translucent, about 3 min.
4. Add potatoes, shrimp, corn, herbs, cream, ground red pepper, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and shrimp is cooked, about 6 min. Correct seasoning.
5. In medium sauté pan, cook quail eggs in butter sunny-side up until firm, about 2 min.
6. Per portion: Loosely mound home fries in center of small bowl or soup plate. Top with fried quail egg.
* Recipe courtesy of David Burke, Corporate Executive Chef, New York Restaurant Group, New York City