My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Corn Bread (Gluten-Free)
Courtesy of Gluten Intolerance Group
Prep Time: 20 Min.
Cook Time: 20 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 c. cornmeal
+ 1 c. Gluten-Free Flour Blend ***
+ 2 Tbsp. sugar
+ 1 Tbsp. baking powder
+ 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1 egg
+ 1/3 c. oil
+ 1 c. milk (or milk substitute)
What to do:
1. Sift together cornmeal, gluten free flour-blend, sugar, baking powder, xanthan, and salt.
2. Whisk eggs, oil, and milk in a separate bowl.
3. Mix wet and dry ingredients together with a spoon.
4. Pour into greased baking pan and bake at 350°F for 15-20 minutes.
Makes one 8" square pan or 12 muffins.
*Brown Rice Flour Blend
* 1 1/3 c. brown rice flour
* 7 Tbsp. potato starch
* 3 1/2 Tbsp. tapioca flour
*** For 1 1/2 cup gluten-free flour blend:
* 1/2 c. rice flour
* 1/2 c. cornstarch
* 1/2 c. tapioca starch/flour
* 1 Tbsp. potato flour
* Many gluten-free recipes call for a gluten-free flour blend. You may purchase a pre-made blend or mix your own with the Rice Flour, Potato Starch, and Tapioca Flour.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance
Calories: 172; Total Fat: 7g; Saturated Fat: 1g; Cholesterol: 20mg; Total Carbs: 23g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 316mg;