My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Breakfast Sausage Pizza
Courtesy of National Pork Board
Prep Time: 10 Min.
Cook Time: 25 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 6 oz. pork sausage, bulk
+ 4 slices bacon, thick cut, cut in half
+ 1/2 c. onion, thinly sliced
+ 8 eggs, beaten
+ 1/4 c. Italian parsley, snipped
+ 1/ tsp. salt
+ 1/2 tsp. pepper
+ 10 in. pizza crust , purchased
+ 1 c. Colby jack cheese, shredded
What to do:
1. In a large skillet cook sausage, bacon, and onions over medium-high heat until browned and cooked through (about 10-15 min.). Remove with slotted spoon and set aside.
2. Remove all but 1 tsp. of drippings from pan. Add eggs, parsley, and seasonings, stirring to scramble. Stir while cooking for 2-3 min. or until eggs are just set.
3. Meanwhile, place pizza crust on a pizza pan or baking sheet and top with 1/2 c. of the cheese. Place in a 400°F oven for 3-5 min. until cheese is melted. Remove crust and top with eggs, sausage, and onions. Top with bacon and remaining cheese. Return to oven until cheese is melted and bacon is crisp. Garnish with additional parsley, if desired. Slice to serve.
* Serving Suggestions: The sausage in the pizza can be replaced with ground pork, diced ham, or chorizo.
* Recipe and photo courtesy of National Pork Board. For more recipes visit: www.PorkBeInspired.com