1. Preheat oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
2. Put cereal and walnuts into a 1-gallon size zip-top plastic bag. Press air out of bag and close. Using a rolling pin or heavy food can, press and roll over ingredients in the bag until cereal is finely crushed and walnuts are in pieces as small as grains of rice. Add garlic powder, salt and pepper to bag. Shake to mix.
3. Crack egg into medium-size bowl. Beat with a fork until yolk and white are mixed together. If using chicken breasts, place chicken on cutting board. Cut into 1/2-in. wide strips across the short direction of each piece of chicken. Add sliced chicken (or tenders) to the egg and stir to coat.
4. With a fork, remove chicken pieces letting extra egg drip off. Put chicken into the bag with walnut mixture. Zip the bag closed. Gently shake the bag back and forth, and press the walnut coating onto chicken. Pour chicken onto prepared pan and use a fork to separate pieces so they aren™t touching each other.
5. Bake 10 min, or until crumbs are golden brown and chicken is cooked through. To check if chicken is done, remove one piece and cut in half; it should be white all the way through, not pink.
* Tips: These strips can be served with chutney, honey mustard, or ranch dressing as a dipping sauce. With aioli or mayonnaise, and lettuce and tomato on a soft roll, they make a nice sandwich. Or, add to Caesar salad for a complete meal.