My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
Courtesy of Wheat Foods Council
Prep Time: 15 Min.
Cook Time: 1 Hr.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 3 large eggs
+ 2 c. sugar
+ 1 1/2 c. canola oil
+ 2 tsp. vanilla extract
+ 3 c. cake flour
+ 1 tsp. salt
+ 1 tsp. baking soda
+ 3 c. apples, chopped and peeled (your choice)
+ 1 c. pecans, dried, unsalted, coarsely chopped
+ 1/2 c. margarine or butter
+ 1/4 c. fat-free milk
+ 1 c. brown sugar, packed
+ pinch of salt
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Grease and flour Bundt™ pan, set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat eggs until foamy; gradually add sugar; blend in oil and vanilla.
4. Combine flour, salt and baking soda; add to egg mixture. Stir in apples and pecans. Pour into Bundt™ pan and bake for one hour or until cake tests done.
5. In a medium saucepan, combine all caramel sauce ingredients; bring to a boil for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; set aside.
6. When cake is done, let cool in pan for 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake to platter; slowly pour caramel sauce over warm cake and serve.
Calories: 360; Total Fat: 21g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 25mg; Total Carbs: 42g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 3g; Sodium: 200mg;