ShurSave’s Wellness Programs
Eat Right For Life
Our Eat Right For Life Program has one goal in mind…educating our customers. Whether you’re looking to make better food choices or you want to learn how to read nutrition labels, Eat Right For Life is designed to help guide you down a healthier path. There are in-store and online resources available to help you shop healthier. Look for our 26 Nutrition and Lifestyle symbols on tags throughout the store to help you shop for your wellness goals. It’s never too late to make positive changes and it’s never too late to Eat Right!
Choose My Plate
MyPlate, based on 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans, illustrates the five food groups using a familiar mealtime visual, a place setting. MyPlate is designed to remind Americans to eat healthfully.
- Enjoy your food, but eat less.
- Avoid oversized portions.
Foods to Increase
- Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
- Make at least half your grains whole grains.
- Switch to fat-free or low-fat (1%) milk.
Foods to Reduce
- Compare sodium in foods like soup, bread, and frozen meals and choose the foods with lower numbers.
- Drink water instead of sugary drinks.
Our InSeason Quarterly Magazine is a wonderful collection of seasonal recipes, editorials on health related subjects, plus tips and tools for cooking and food preparation. Current and past editions are available online in a digital version. Be sure to follow our Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and YouTube channels for more valuable recipes and videos!