My Shopping List
Most Recent Items:
Mackerel with Apricots
Courtesy of UK Seafish Authority
Serve With:Servings: 4
Serve with new potatoes and mixed salad.
Prep Time: 5 Min.
Cook Time: 10 Min.
What you need:
(click + to add ingredients to your shopping list)
+ 1 lb. mackerel fillets (fresh or defrosted)
+ 4 oz. fresh apricots OR 8 oz. canned apricots in natural juice, drained and finely chopped
+ 2 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
+ 1 tsp. lemon juice
+ 1 Tbsp. honey or apricot jam
What to do:
1. Preheat grill or barbecue. If fresh apricots are used, cut in half, remove stone, roughly chop and cook in 2-3 Tbsp. water for 2-3 min, or until slightly soft.
2. Sprinkle lemon juice over mackerel fillets and cook for about 5 min. on a hot grill or barbecue. (If barbecuing, lay fillets on foil to protect against the fierce heat).
3. Brush with the apricot jam or honey.
4. Mix the dill into the chopped apricots and spoon over the mackerel fillets.
5. Cook for another 3-4 min. Serve immediately with new potatoes and mixed salad.
* Nutritional information does not include suggested side dishes.
Courtesy of Seafish, the UK Sea Fish Industry Authority www.seafish.org
"From sea to plate, Seafish delivers expert knowledge, skills and support which help the UK seafood industry secure a sustainable and profitable future."
Soave, Semillon, Pinot Grigio
Calories: 152; Total Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Fiber: 1g; Protein: 24g; Sodium: 183mg; Potassium: 627mg;