1. Bring large pot of salted water to boil. Blanch fingerling potatoes until tender, 8-10 min. Drain; slice evenly to about 1/8-in. Reserve.
2. Melt 2 tsp. of butter; rub over corn. Wrap in aluminum foil; roast in 400°F oven until tender, about 20 min. Cool about 10 min.; cut kernels from ear; reserve.
3. In large, heavy-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat, sweat onion, peppers and shallots in 2 Tbsp. butter until onions are translucent, about 3 min.
4. Add potatoes, shrimp, corn, herbs, cream, ground red pepper, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low; simmer, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender and shrimp is cooked, about 6 min. Correct seasoning.
5. In medium sauté pan, cook quail eggs in butter sunny-side up until firm, about 2 min.
6. Per portion: Loosely mound home fries in center of small bowl or soup plate. Top with fried quail egg.
* Recipe courtesy of David Burke, Corporate Executive Chef, New York Restaurant Group, New York City