1. Combine water, butter, sugar, and salt in a medium saucepan and bring to a steady boil.
2. Combine rice flour, starches, and xanthan gum; add all at once to saucepan. Sir vigorously, without stopping, over medium heat until mixture comes together and takes on a shine. Continue to cook, stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
3. Remove pan from heat and transfer mixture to a bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on medium speed for 2 to 3 minutes after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl. The mixture should be smooth and shiny. Beat in vanilla.
4. Immediately drop dough, a tablespoon at a time, into deep oil or fat heated to 365°F. Fry 4 or 5 beignets at a time until puffed and golden on both sides.
5. Drain well on paper towels and dust with powdered sugar. Makes about 15.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group
Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance