1. In a large skillet, heat 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) canola oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken 3 minutes or until slightly pink in center, stirring occasionally. Set aside on separate plate.
2. Heat remaining 1 Tbsp. (15 mL) canola oil and cook onions and peppers for 4 minutes or until vegetables begin to lightly brown on edges. Stir in garlic and cook 15 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in okra, tomatoes, thyme, and chicken. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Remove from heat.
3. Stir in parsley, hot sauce and salt. Cover and let stand 5 minutes to absorb flavors.
4. Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions. Serve the chicken mixture over rice.
* Recipe courtesy of Nancy Hughes, cookbook author, Mobile Ala. and CanolaInfo.