1. Cream together shortening and brown sugar. Add eggs and vanilla; beat until smooth.
2. Mix together gluten-free flour blend, xanthan gum, soda, baking powder, and salt. Add to creamed mixture, mix well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts.
3. Drop by tablespoonfuls on ungreased cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350°F for 8-10 min. Remove cookies from cookie sheet onto a wire rack or on paper towels to cool. Makes 30 cookies.
*** Gluten-Free Flour Blend
* 6 c. Brown or White Rice Flour
* 2 c. Potato Starch
* 1 c. Tapioca Flour
* Many gluten-free recipes call for a gluten-free flour blend. You may purchase a pre-made blend or mix your own with the Rice Flour, Potato Starch, and Tapioca Flour.
* Courtesy of: Gluten Intolerance Group. Visit www.gluten.org to learn more about gluten intolerance