1. Beat together eggs, salt and cayenne in a shallow dish.
2. Place flour mixture and cornmeal in separate shallow dishes.
3. Dredge each fillet in flour mixture and dip in egg wash. Dredge fillets in cornmeal last.
4. In a deep fry pan, heat 1 inch of the oil to 375°F on a deep-fat thermometer. Fry the fillets in batches for 2 to 4 minutes on each side, or until browned and cooked through. Transfer fillets to paper towels to drain.
5. To serve, layer the lettuce, tomatoes, and fillets on the sandwich rolls.
Recipe courtesy of Florida Department of Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture Marketing